Fighting is indeed a result of hurt emotions.

ⓒ pixabay

The picture I found on Pixabay under the keyword 'fight' is truly a perfect match.


The boss and I had a heated exchange. I was the one who raised my voice, and my boss seemed perplexed. Honestly, it wasn't a matter worth raising voices over. It was simply a matter of aligning with the system that handles the approvals. Despite that, the reason for my elevated tone was...


1. Repetitive customs and language habits that generalize with 'I don't know.'

2. Language and sentence patterns lacking logical coherence that I cannot understand.

3. Past habits and customs expressed, instructing me to handle tasks as before (previously, I accepted this as a work habit, but this time, I couldn't overlook it).

4. Conflicts arise between my brain and the way tasks are conveyed during the process of receiving instructions from my boss.

5. Expressing words that should not be used in business, such as 'I don't know either' and 'You shouldn't force me to do this,' becomes a catalyst for raising my tone during conversations.

6. In business, while having connections is important, the current connections seem to be based more on personal relationships than ability and trust, and it is uncertain how helpful they will be in business.

7. Stating that by flaunting connections in a particular region, we could potentially undermine local businesses and take away market share.

8. Detailed explanations from 1 to 10 are required, along with questions about why I am unwilling to perform such tasks, why everything needs to be taken care of, and why the habits I picked up there should also be carried over here.

9. The conclusion is that I am crazy.


A young fellow is prattling on incessantly, and it seems quite absurd. Honestly, I don't care how others perceive me. I have a certain standard, and if it exceeds the acceptable limit, I either cut it off or, if unable to do so, end up in situations like today. It has happened before.


Frankly, I don't care how people around me see me. If they don't like me, I'd rather tell them and cut ties.


After experiencing such situations a few times, I wonder if the boss who hired me is suffering losses because of me. Perhaps, if it were not for me, the company might have become closer to a better place. I'm going to work today with the mindset that I could quit tomorrow. I don't even need unemployment benefits. Arguing is even more unpleasant, and it's a waste of time.


However, when efficiency and rationality are compromised in tasks, when a retreat is apparent, and when statements evade responsibility, the evaluation of the other party's competence tends to decrease. Analyzing competence against my standards, accumulating emotions, especially when performance is reflected in sales or accountability, becomes apparent immediately.


This issue, however, is not specifically related to the recent problem with my supervisor. It just seems like I'm being unreasonable.


Moving forward, the action I need to take is to observe, build my capabilities, and derive results in different areas. The conclusion is that I have to follow my own path. There's no need to argue; everyone else is doing well except for me. Why do I expect the other person's competence and performance when everyone else is thriving? 


댓글 쓰기

0 댓글